Discharge papers (DD214’s) may be recorded for permanent records and certified to perfect claims. In order to obtain a Certified copy the original document must be presented for recording. A DD214 must be recorded before military exemption is applied toward property tax reduction. Click below for a copy of a record filed in Dubuque County.

Request for Military Record

For more information visit Dubuque County Veterans Affairs.  If the DD214 Military Discharge has been misplaced or destroyed prior to recording, a certified copy may be obtained from the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri or other Custodian of Record listed on the Request Pertaining to Military Records form. You may download a copy of the request form from the National Archives and Records Administration