The mission of the Dubuque County Health Department is to protect, promote, and enhance the health and well-being of all people and the environment in Dubuque County through:
- Assessment of community and environmental health status, policy, development, and assurance that public health needs are met.
- Cultivation of knowledge and behavior conducive to healthy lifestyles.
- Focus of resources toward prevention and early intervention.
- Leadership and collaboration with other agencies.
- Responding to disasters and assisting communities in recovery.
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services.