Peosta & Farley Special Election
The City of Peosta is holding a Special Election to Fill a Vacancy for Mayor. The City of Farley is holding a Special Election to Fill a Vacancy on their City Council.
- November 27, 2019—Absentee Ballot Request can be submitted to the Auditor (Ballots can’t be mailed until sometime after December 23rd)
- December 13, 2019—32 days before the election, written notice must have been received in Auditor’s office
- December 20, 2019—Candidate Filing Deadline, Auditor open until 5:00 p.m.
- December 23, 2019—Objection Deadline, noon
- December 23, 2019—Withdrawal deadline, Auditor open until 5:00 p.m.
- December 25, 2019—Publication of Notice, First day that can be published (20 days before election)
- December 30, 2019—Worry-free postmark deadline
- January 3, 2020—Pre-Registration deadline 5:00 p.m.
- January 3, 2020—Deadline to request absentee by mail 5:00 p.m.
- January 10, 2020—Last day to review absentee ballots and written challenge deadline, open to 5:00 p.m.
- January 13, 2020—In Person absentee deadline & Mailed absentee postmark deadline, open to 5:00 p.m.
- January 14, 2020—Election Day, polls open 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
- January 20th or 21st 2020—canvass (To be determined by the Board of Supervisors)
- January 23rd or 24th 2020 —Recount, open to 5:00 p.m. (3 days after the Canvass)