757 New Cases and Five Deaths in Iowa, 16 More Cases in Dubuque County
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) was notified of 757 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Iowa, including 16 additional cases in Dubuque County. Both are the largest single-day increases to date.
- Iowa now has a total of 8,641 positive cases and Dubuque County has 125. For an age breakdown of Dubuque County cases, visit www.cityofdubuque.org/covid19.
- Five additional deaths were reported today for Iowa, bringing the state total to 175.
- 1,329 Dubuque County residents have been tested to date, with 1,204 of those test results being negative for a 9% positive test rate. 49,727 tests have been conducted statewide with a 17% positive test rate.
- As of April 30, 15 Dubuque County COVID-19 patients were hospitalized. Statewide, 353 Iowans are hospitalized
- 23 Dubuque County residents who tested positive have recovered. Statewide, 3,156 Iowans have recovered.
The number of positive cases is expected to increase significantly over the as the high volume of tests taken this week are processed.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, including an interactive map with county, regional, and long-term care outbreak information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Stay Home, Stay Safe, and Take the TestIowa Assessment at www.testiowa.com
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.