Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- 105* new positive cases reported since Oct. 19.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 29,406
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
October New Cases by Age Group
- 10 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 8 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 2 inpatient hospitalized with COVID for a total of 10 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
Current COVID-19 Community Level = MEDIUM
COVID-19 Integrated County View
VNA Offering Walk-In Vaccination/Booster Clinics
The CDC now recommends that everyone ages 5 years and older get an updated bivalent COVID-19 booster if it has been at least 2 months since your last booster or final primary. The updated booster provides broader protection against newer BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron variants
The VNA is hosting walk in COVID-19 vaccination clinics for primary series and bivalent booster doses, including pediatric bivalent boosters, at its clinic at 660 Iowa Street in Dubuque. Primary series refers to the initial COVID-19 vaccine doses and the bivalent booster dose is a version of the COVID-19 vaccine that offers protection against the original strain of COVID-19 as well as the Omicron strain, which is now the predominant variant of the virus around the world. Appointments are not required.
Clinics are scheduled for:
- Friday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 31, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 4, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 11, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 18, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 21, 3 - 6 p.m.
Get information on other vaccine providers.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.