Wednesday, October 19, 2022
VNA Offering Walk-In Vaccination/Booster Clinics
The CDC now recommends that everyone ages 5 years and older get an updated bivalent COVID-19 booster if it has been at least 2 months since your last booster or final primary. The updated booster provides broader protection against newer BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron variants
The VNA is hosting walk in COVID-19 vaccination clinics for primary series and bivalent booster doses, including pediatric bivalent boosters, at its clinic at 660 Iowa Street in Dubuque. Primary series refers to the initial COVID-19 vaccine doses. The bivalent booster dose is a version of the COVID-19 vaccine that offers protection against the original strain of COVID-19 as well as the Omicron strain, which is now the predominant variant of the virus around the world. Appointments are not required.
Clinics are scheduled for:
- Friday, October 21, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 28, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 31, 2 - 4 p.m.
Get information on other vaccine providers.
- 57* new positive cases reported since Oct. 12
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 29,301
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, it is widely believed that new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- 7 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 3 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 4 inpatient hospitalized with COVID for a total of 7 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
MEDIUM COVID-19 COMMUNITY LEVEL = MEDIUM
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = LOW
COVID-19 Integrated County View
Get current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities.
Get information on local COVID-19 testing options.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.