VNA Offering Walk-In Vaccination/Booster Clinics; 46 New Cases and 1 Death Since Sept. 28, Community Level Low & Transmission Level Moderate
Wednesday, October 5 2022
VNA Offering Walk-In Vaccination/Booster Clinics
The VNA is hosting walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinics for primary series and bivalent booster doses. Their clinic is located at 660 Iowa Street in Dubuque. Primary series refers to the initial COVID-19 vaccine doses. The bivalent booster dose is a version of the COVID-19 vaccine that offers protection against the original strain of COVID-19 as well as the Omicron strain, which is now the predominant variant of the virus around the world. Appointments are not required.
Clinics are scheduled for:
- Friday, October 7, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 10, 3 - 6 p.m.
- Friday, October 14, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 21, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 28, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 31, 2 - 4 p.m.
Get information on other vaccine providers.
46 New Cases and 1 Death Since Sept. 28, Community Level Low & Transmission Level Moderate
- 46* new positive cases reported since Sept. 28.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 29,181
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, it is widely believed that new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- 8 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 6 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 2 inpatients hospitalized with COVID for a total of 8 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
MEDIUM COVID-19 COMMUNITY LEVEL
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = LOW
CDC Guidance for LOW Community Level:
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION LEVEL
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Transmission Level = MODERATE
The CDC's Community Transmission Level is based on the number of new cases per 100,000 population and is used by local healthcare facilities to determine internal protocol and procedures.
- 1 new death reported since Sept. 28.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 312
- 65.7% of all county residents are fully vaccinated
- 58.1% of all county residents fully vaccinated have received a booster
Get current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities.
Get information on local COVID-19 testing options.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.