HIGH COVID-19 COMMUNITY LEVEL; 22 New Cases Since Aug. 24
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
HIGH COVID-19 COMMUNITY LEVEL
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = HIGH
CDC Guidance for HIGH Community Level:
- Wear a well-fitting mask* indoors in public, regardless of vaccination status (including in K-12 schools and other indoor community settings)
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease:
- Wear a mask or respirator that provides you with greater protection
- Consider avoiding non-essential indoor activities in public where you could be exposed
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to take other precautions (e.g., testing)
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for severe disease:
- consider self-testing to detect infection before contact
- consider wearing a mask when indoors with them
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
* At all levels, people can wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
122 New Cases Since Aug. 24
- 122* new positive cases reported since Aug. 24.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 28,829
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, it is widely believed that new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- 8 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 5 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 3 inpatients hospitalized with COVID for a total of 8 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Transmission Level = HIGH
The CDC's Community Transmission Level is based on the number of new cases per 100,000 population and is used by local healthcare facilities to determine internal protocol and procedures.
- No new deaths reported since Aug. 17.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 304
- 65.5% of all county residents are fully vaccinated
- 57.8% of all county residents fully vaccinated have received a booster
Get current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities.
Get information on local COVID-19 testing options.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.