Wednesday, July 13, 2022
178* New Cases and 1 Death Reported Since July 6
- 178* new positive cases reported since July 6.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 27,763
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, it is widely believed that new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- 10 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 5 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 5 inpatients hospitalized with COVID for a total of 10 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = MEDIUM
CDC Guidance for MEDIUM Community Level:
If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions (e.g., testing)
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for severe disease
- consider self-testing to detect infection before contact
- consider wearing a mask when indoors with them
Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible.
Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION LEVEL
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Transmission Level = HIGH
The CDC's Community Transmission Level is based on the number of new cases per 100,000 population and is used by local healthcare facilities to determine internal protocol and procedures.
- 1 new death reported since June 1.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 300
- 65% of all county residents are fully vaccinated
- 57.1% of all county residents fully vaccinated have received a booster
Get current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities.
Get information on local COVID-19 testing options.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.