315 New Positive Individuals and 6 Deaths since Dec. 15.
Omicron Confirmed in Dubuque County.
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
315 New Positive Individuals and 6 Deaths Since Dec. 15
Omicron Confirmed in Dubuque County
COVID Testing over the Holidays
While supply issues for the self-administered COVID tests sold at some pharmacies and retailers is receiving national media coverage, there is no shortage of the self-administered, free Test Iowa kits available at 15 locations in Dubuque County. Please check with locations before visiting to verify their hours of operation over the holidays.
For a complete list of pick-up locations for Test Iowa test kits, free in-person testing, and rapid testing options available, as well as contact information for providers, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the State Hygienic Lab's holiday hours this weekend and next, some Test Iowa results may be delayed.
Dec. 22 Video Update
This week's video from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team includes the latest on the spread of the Omicron variant of COVID-19, the stronger protection provided through vaccinations, the importance of getting a booster, when to get tested, and some special messages for Patrice Lambert, executive director of the Dubuque County Health Department, as she retires next week.
CORRECTION: A mistake on the number of new cases was discovered after the video was produced so please note the video reports the number of new cases as 549, not the correct number which is 315. We apologize for this error.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
DUBUQUE COUNTY CHANGES & TOTALS
(Dec. 15 - Dec. 22)
- 315 new positive individuals since Dec. 15.
- The Iowa Department of Public Health has reported the Omicron variant is present in Iowa, including Dubuque County.
- Total positive individuals to date = 20,278
- 34 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 20 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 14 for a total of 34 people hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County. Please note: This count is NOT limited to Dubuque County residents and may include area residents from outside Dubuque County.
- Statewide, 747 Iowans are hospitalized with COVID, 76 less than last Wednesday. 81.5% of those currently hospitalized due to COVID and 88% of those in ICU due to COVID are unvaccinated individuals. Details at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospital-data
- 1,652 active cases in Dubuque County. (206 less than Dec. 15)
- 6 new deaths since Dec. 15.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 260
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 237, Contributing Factor Deaths = 23
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE
- The CDC continues to rate Dubuque County at the HIGH level of community transmission of COVID-19.
- 7-Day New Case Rate per 100K Population = 240.47 (-512.79 from previous 7 days)
- Percent Positivity (last 7 days) = 15.28% (-0.92% change in last 7 days)
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- 61.5% of all Dubuque County residents are fully vaccinated
- 65.6% of all Dubuque County residents age 5+ are fully vaccinated
- 58% of all county residents 16+ who are eligible for a booster dose have received one
- Vaccinations Completed: 59,826
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 3,584
For current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/sleevesup or call 563-690-MAKE(6253).
The CDC and FDA are operating a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). To report a reaction or view data, visit https://vaers.hhs.gov/
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/