533 New Positive Individuals Since Dec. 1.
DUBUQUE COUNTY CHANGES & TOTALS
(Dec. 1 - Dec. 8)
- 533 new positive individuals since Dec. 1
- Total positive individuals to date = 19,529
- 53 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 33 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 20 for a total of 53 people hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County. Please note: This count is NOT limited to Dubuque County residents and may include area residents from outside Dubuque County.
- Statewide, 777 Iowans are hospitalized with COVID, the highest number so far this year and 56 more than last Wednesday. 73.8% of those currently hospitalized due to COVID and 84.3% of those in ICU due to COVID are unvaccinated individuals. Details at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospital-data
- 2,238 active cases in Dubuque County. (57 less than Dec. 1)
- No new deaths since Dec. 1.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 243
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 221, Contributing Factor Deaths = 22
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE
- The CDC continues to rate Dubuque County at the HIGH level of community transmission of COVID-19.
- 7-Day New Case Rate per 100K Population = 494.29 (-215.8 from previous 7 days)
- Percent Positivity (last 7 days) = 21.04% (-0.32% change in last 7 days)
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- 60.4% of all Dubuque County residents are fully vaccinated
- 70.1% of all Dubuque County residents age 12+ are fully vaccinated
- NEW: 43.7% of all county residents 18+ who are fully vaccinated have received a booster dose
- Vaccinations Completed: 57,279
(1,046 more than Dec. 1)
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 3,902
(1,171 more than Dec. 1)
For current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/sleevesup or call 563-690-MAKE(6253).
The CDC and FDA are operating a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). To report a reaction or view data, visit https://vaers.hhs.gov/
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/