228 New Positive Individuals and 3 Deaths Since Sept.15
Local COVID-19 Test Options
Dubuque County residents experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or those who were exposed to a positive COVID case are encouraged to get tested by utilizing the free Test Iowa take-home test kits or by getting tested at local pharmacies and health care provider offices.
Residents with mild COVID symptoms seeking a test and those needing a negative test to return to work or school or to attend an event should NOT visit an emergency room/department to get tested.
For a complete list of testing options, including some rapid test services, and pick-up locations for take-home test kits, visit the Dubuque County COVID-19 website
Protect Yourself, Your Family, and Your Community
There are a number of things Iowans can do to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and prevent spreading the virus in their communities:
- Get vaccinated
- Wear a mask in public indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status
- Social distance in public settings
- Stay home if you are sick
Get tested for COVID if you have symptoms or were exposed
CLICK HERE OR ON THE IMAGE TO SEE A FULL-SIZE GRAPHIC
DUBUQUE COUNTY CHANGES & TOTALS
(Sept. 15 to Sept.22)
- 228 new positive individuals since Sept. 15
- Total positive individuals to date = 14,775
- 759 active cases in Dubuque County. (92 more than Sept. 15)
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE
- The CDC continues to rate Dubuque County at the HIGH level of community transmission of COVID-19.
- 7-Day New Case Rate per 100K Population through Sept. 21 = 240 (+91 from previous 7 days)
- Percent Positivity (last 7 days) through Sept. 18 = 9.39% (+0.48% change in last 7 days)
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 21 as of Sept. 15. (same as Sept. 8)
- Statewide hospitalizations are also increasing with the 80.5% of those currently hospitalized due to COVID and 83.9% of those in ICU due to COVID being unvaccinated individuals. Details at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospital-data
- 3 new deaths.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 221
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 200, Contributing Factor Deaths = 21
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- 55.7% of all Dubuque County residents are fully vaccinated
- Vaccinations Completed: 54,217
(410 more than Sept. 15)
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 2,450
For current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/sleevesup or call 563-690-MAKE(6253).
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/