Dubuque County: 7 New Positive Individuals, and 1 New Death
Iowa: 168 New Positive Individuals, and 5 New Deaths
Walk-In/No-Appointment Vaccination Clinics This Week
- Tuesday, April 20, from Noon - 5 p.m. at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic (Former Younker’s Women’s Store at 555 J.F.K. Rd., Dubuque). Operated by Grand River Medical Group.
- Wednesday, April 21, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic. Operated by Grand River Medical Group.
- Thursday, April 22, from Noon - 7 p.m. at the Grand River Center Vaccination Clinic (500 Bell St., Dubuque, in the parking garage as drive-through only). Operated by the Dubuque Fire Department.
- Saturday, April 24, 8 a.m. - Noon at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic. Operated by the Dubuque Visiting Nurses Association & UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital.
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of these limited time opportunities.
Available Vaccination Appointments
As of 1 p.m. today, COVID vaccinations appointments were available at the following Dubuque County vaccine providers:
- Grand River Medical Group, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Hartig Drug (University, Central, Asbury, Locust, and Dyersville locations), Tuesday-Friday, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Hy-Vee (Locust St., Dodge St., & NW Arterial)
MercyOne Elm Pharmacy (Dubuque), Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
MercyOne Dyersville Pharmacy, Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- UnityPoint (or call 563.589.2537)
Please keep any appointment you schedule or contact the provider to cancel if you must. Remember that if you get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, it's critical that you receive the second dose.
For assistance making an appointment, call the Dubuque County Sleeves Up! Call Center at 563.690.MAKE(6253).
Covid-19 Vaccine Information Sessions
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, and University of Iowa are information sessions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
These sessions will provide a virtual forum for Iowans to learn about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and have an opportunity to ask questions of medical experts.
There is no fee or registration required and the sessions are open to all. Participants can join a session by visiting https://www.iowacovidinfo.org/, where there will be a link to the WebEx online meeting platform or the ISU Extension and Outreach YouTube channel.
- The first session was held on Saturday, April 17, and can be viewed at https://youtu.be/AQg4aNv5Vkk
- The next session is tonight (Monday, April 19) at 6 p.m.
- The April 24 session is targeted to Spanish-speaking Iowans and will include an interpreter.
Each one-hour session will feature an overview from medical experts, followed by a moderated question and answer segment to encourage a dialogue.
“Putting an end to this pandemic is a team effort that will require the majority of the public to get vaccinated," says Dr. Winokur, "We recognize some Iowans may be hesitant to get the vaccine because there is a lot of conflicting information circulating that can be confusing and overwhelming. To combat this, we are pleased to partner with IDPH and ISU to answer Iowans' questions and make sure they have the facts they need to feel comfortable getting a COVID-19 vaccine."
Full details and links to each session can be found here: https://www.iowacovidinfo.org/
DUBUQUE COUNTY 24-HOUR CHANGES & TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today)
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- As of 4:45 p.m. today, the IDPH Vaccine Administration Dashboard had not been updated since yesterday. These totals are the same as reported yesterday.
- Vaccinations Completed: 31,527
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 13,232
- 7 new positive individuals since yesterday
- Total positive individuals to date = 13,168
- • 605 active cases in Dubuque County (1 less than yesterday)
- 1 new deaths.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 203
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 189, Contributing Factor Deaths = 14
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 6 as of Apr. 17. (3 less than Apr. 14)
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 47 more individuals tested since yesterday
- Past 14-day positivity average = 4.9%
- Past 7-day positivity average = 4.6%
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.