Dubuque County: 78 New Cases, 172 Recoveries, and 100th Death Reported. 2,592 Active Cases. Iowa: 2,362 New Cases, 4,697 Recoveries, and 62 Deaths
Dubuque County: 78 New Cases, 172 Recoveries, and 100th Death Reported. 2,592 Active Cases.
Iowa: 2,362 New Cases, 4,697 Recoveries, and 62 Deaths
'This Pandemic is NOT Slowing Down'
Watch the Dec. 3 video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team at https://youtu.be/IAfpw0VcX_E This update includes:
- a review of recent trends,
- an update on the plans for vaccinations, and
- an explanation of the new options for shortening quarantine times and the CDC's latest travel guidelines.
If you are considering traveling for the holidays, please watch this video.
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 78 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 9,578
- Iowa: 2,362 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 242,061
- Dubuque County: 2,592 active cases (95 fewer than yesterday)
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 100
- Iowa: 62 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 2,665
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 34 as of Dec. 3. (11 fewer than Dec. 2)
- Iowans Currently Hospitalized = 960 (40 fewer than yesterday.)
- 185 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 44,954
- Total tests to date = 101,086
- 6,401 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 1,243,590
- Total tests to date = 2,561,197
PERCENT POSITIVE CASES
% Positive Cases average is calculated by the sum total of Individuals Positive divided by the sum total of Total Individuals Tested for the past period of days (14 or 7).
- Past 14-day average = 14.4%
- Past 7-day average = 11.1%
- Past 14-day average = 14.0%
- Past 7-day average = 13.7%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 172. Total number of recoveries = 6,886
- Iowa: New recoveries = 4,697. Total number of recoveries = 157,028
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
Dubuque County: 4 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 114 positive cases (1 more than yesterday), 7 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 66 recoveries (same as yesterday):
- Bethany Home, Dubuque (5 positive cases, 2 in the last 14 days, and 0 recoveries)
- Dubuque Specialty Care, Dubuque (71 positive cases, 1 in the last 14 days, and 47 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (17 positive cases, 0 in the last 14 days, and 12 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (21 positive cases, 4 in the last 14 days, and 7 recoveries)
Iowa: 137 outbreaks (2 more than yesterday) with 5,275 positive cases, 2,316 recoveries, and 1,114 deaths to date.
. For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.