Dubuque County: 64 New Cases, 218 Recoveries, and Record 5 Deaths. 2,687 Active Cases. Iowa: 2,905 New Cases, 5,178 Recoveries, and Record 84 Deaths. 124 Fewer LTC Outbreaks
Dubuque County: 64 New Cases, 218 Recoveries, and Record 5 Deaths. 2,687 Active Cases.
Iowa: 2,905 New Cases, 5,178 Recoveries, and Record 84 Deaths. 124 Fewer LTC Outbreaks
State Updates Positive Case Analysis on Coronavirus Dashboard
The State of Iowa has updated the positive case analysis dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov to include new data for total tests, in addition to individuals tested, providing the public more comprehensive testing data that more clearly illustrates recent virus activity and testing volume.
The information for tests and individuals is displayed in total and by day, by test type (PCR and antigen), and by county.
Also included are the current 14-day and 7-day averages for positivity rate and individuals positive per population of 100,000 at statewide and county levels. These trends are more comprehensive indicators of recent virus activity than daily cases and positivity rates alone.
County maps display data for both the 14- and 7-day averages. Each map shows the total and percent positive cases when you hover over the county. If you click on the county, it will filter other data on the page, displaying information only for the county selected.
Data for total tests shows the complete volume of testing that has been reported in Iowa. It includes all tests reported, including multiple tests for an individual. Approximately 36% of Iowans who have had a COVID-19 test, have tested at least twice and many have tested multiple times. More Iowans are testing more regularly now that testing resources and availability continue to expand.
Reporting total tests provides a more accurate reflection of current virus activity and provides Iowans with more comprehensive data.
While the percent positivity of total tests is lower than that of individuals, all positivity rates, including those by county, will continue to be calculated based on individuals tested.
Daily lab results have been removed from the dashboard, but can be found within the bar graphs displayed on the page.
COVID-19 data is reported differently by states. The state of Iowa has regularly updated its website to ensure it provides timely, relevant data that informs the state’s public health response and updates Iowans about the situation.
Iowa’s COVID-19 website also includes data on regional medical coordination centers (RMCCs), hospitalizations, long-term care facilities, Test Iowa, serology testing, county positivity and corresponding school districts, recoveries and deaths. The website is available at coronavirus.iowa.gov and is updated in real-time throughout each day.
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 64 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 9,500
- Iowa: 2,905 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 239,699
ADDITIONAL POSITIVE CASE ANALYSIS
- Dubuque County: 2,687 active cases (160 fewer than yesterday)
- Dubuque County: 5* additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 99
- Iowa: 84* additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 2,603
* = Record High
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 45 as of Dec. 2. (5 more than Dec. 1)
- Iowans Currently Hospitalized = 1,000 (124 fewer than yesterday.)
- 157 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 44,769
- Total tests to date = 100,046
- 7,608 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 1,237,189
- Total tests to date = 2,534,379
PERCENT POSITIVE CASES
% Positive Cases average is calculated by the sum total of Individuals Positive divided by the sum total of Total Individuals Tested for the past period of days (14 or 7).
- Past 14-day average = 14.5%
- Past 7-day average = 11.0%
- Past 14-day average = 14.4%
- Past 7-day average = 16.6%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 218. Total number of recoveries = 6,714
- Iowa: New recoveries = 5,178. Total number of recoveries = 152,331
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
Dubuque County: 4 long-term care facility outbreaks (3 fewer than yesterday) with 113 positive cases (31 fewer than yesterday), 17 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 66 recoveries (28 fewer than yesterday):
- Bethany Home, Dubuque (5 positive cases, 2 in the last 14 days, and 0 recoveries)
- Dubuque Specialty Care, Dubuque (71 positive cases, 1 in the last 14 days, and 47 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (17 positive cases, 0 in the last 14 days, and 12 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (20 positive cases, 4 in the last 14 days, and 7 recoveries)
Iowa: 135 outbreaks (34 less than yesterday) with 5,180 positive cases, 2,257 recoveries, and 1,096 deaths to date.
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.