Dubuque County: 102 New Cases, 2 Deaths, and 73 Recoveries. 2,715 Active Cases. Iowa: 4,338 New Cases, 30 Deaths, 1,151 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,208
Dubuque County: 102 New Cases, 2 Deaths, and 73 Recoveries. 2,715 Active Cases.
Iowa: 4,338 New Cases, 30 Deaths, 1,151 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,208
Dubuque County Healthcare Providers Media Conference
Dubuque County's major healthcare providers held a virtual media conference on Tuesday, Nov. 10, to provide an update on their response to the pandemic, summarize the challenges healthcare workers are facing, and request the public's assistance in limiting the spread of COVID-19. Representatives from MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center, UnityPoint Health - Finely Hospital, Medical Associates Clinics, Grand River Medical Group, Crescent Community Health Center, and the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team delivered remarks and responded to media questions. . Please watch the video recording of the virtual media conference to hear them in their own words at https://youtu.be/fsGnGq2tZnI.
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 102 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 7,275
- Iowa: 4,338 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 170,359
- Dubuque County: 2 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 76
- Iowa: 30 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,928
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 43 as of Nov. 9. (7 fewer than Nov. 7.)
- Iowans Currently hospitalized = 1,208* (18 more than yesterday.)
* = Record High
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 73. Total number of recoveries = 4,484
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,151. Total number of recoveries = 105,363
IDPH designates positive cases as recovered after 28 days if there are no observable signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Dubuque County: 2,715 active cases (27 more than yesterday)
Active cases are determined by subtracting the total number of recovered cases and deaths from the total number of positive cases to date.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 5 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 149 positive cases (2 more than yesterday) and 66 recoveries (same as yesterday):
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (76 positive cases, 13 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (11 positive cases, 3 recoveries)
- MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 31 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa: 100 outbreaks (1 less than yesterday) with 2,986 positive cases, 1,320 recoveries, and 916 deaths to date.
For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 175 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 39,734
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 23.7%*, average to date = 18.3%.
* = Record high
- 8,559 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,068,267
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.1%, average to date = 15.9%
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.