Dubuque County: 106 New Cases, 4 Deaths, and 122 Recoveries. 2,596 Active Cases; Iowa: 4,425 New Cases, 27 Deaths, 1,887 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,135; Governor Issues New Emergency Proclamation
Dubuque County: 106 New Cases, 4 Deaths, and 122 Recoveries. 2,596 Active Cases.
Iowa: 4,425 New Cases, 27 Deaths, 1,887 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,135
Governor Issues New Emergency Proclamation with Additional Restrictions and Requirements on Gatherings
No Test Iowa Sample Processing Tomorrow
Due to the Veterans Day holiday tomorrow, Test Iowa test sample processing will be delayed one day. However, Test Iowa clinics in Dubuque County will still schedule appointments and collect samples tomorrow. For more information, visit www.testiowa.com
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 106 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 7,004
- Iowa: 4,425 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 161,267
- Dubuque County: 4 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 73
- Iowa: 27 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,887
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 50 as of Nov. 7. (8 fewer than Nov. 6.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 1,135* (101 more than yesterday.)
* = Record High
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 122. Total number of recoveries = 4,335
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,887. Total number of recoveries = 102,940
IDPH designates positive cases as recovered after 28 days if there are no observable signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Dubuque County: 2,596 active cases (20 fewer than yesterday)
Active cases are determined by subtracting the total number of recovered cases and deaths from the total number of positive cases to date.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 5 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 147 positive cases (7 more than yesterday) and 62 recoveries (1 more than yesterday):
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (74 positive cases, 12 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (11 positive cases, 1 recovery)
- MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 29 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa:102* outbreaks (10 more than yesterday) with 2,998 positive cases, 1,304 recoveries, and 900 deaths to date.
* = Record high
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 157 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 39,273
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.8%*, average to date = 17.8%.
* = Record high
- 8,876 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,049,808
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 20.7%, average to date = 15.4%
Summary of New Statewide Enhanced Public Health Measures
***Effective Wednesday, Nov. 11, at 12:01 a.m. until Monday, Nov. 30, at 11:59 p.m.***
Gathering Restrictions: Social, community, recreational, or leisure
- If more than 10 people: - 6 feet distancing between groups - Groups limited to 8 people, with the exception of households larger than 8 - Take other reasonable measures to ensure social distancing, increase hygiene, etc.
- If more than 25 people and indoors, all participants over 2 years old must wear masks except when eating and drinking.
- If more than 100 people and outdoors, all participants over 2 years old must wear masks except when eating and drinking.
- All these restrictions apply to wedding receptions, including distancing, group limitations, and mask requirement if event is sufficiently large
Youth and High School Sports:
- If more than 25 people and indoors, all spectators over 2 years old must wear masks and maintain 6 feet distance from other spectators
- Only two spectators permitted for each youth athlete
- Athletes of any age can be closer than six feet and are not required to wear masks
Restaurants and Bars: Restaurant or bar, including a wedding reception venue, winery, brewery, distillery, country club, or other social or fraternal club
- Six feet distancing between groups
- Groups limited to 8 people unless larger group is all same household
- Seated when eating or drinking and limit congregating
Personal Service Establishments: Salons, barbershops, massage therapy establishments, tattoo establishments, and tanning facilities
- Ensure that all customers are six feet apart when performing services
- Mandated to wear masks, except when performing face services
Closer/Prolonged Contact Establishments: Bowling alleys, pool halls, bingo halls, arcades, indoor playgrounds, children’s play centers
- Ensure that groups and individuals are six feet apart at establishment
- Groups limited to eight people unless larger group is all same household
Remote Working/Other Employer Measures:
All employers shall evaluate whether any more of their employees can feasibly work remotely and to the extent reasonable, shall take steps to enable such employees to work from home. Those remaining open shall take other reasonable precautions.
Video Update: 'We're in One Hot Mess'
Watch yesterday's video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team includes a frank assessment of the current local surge in cases and hospitalizations. It also includes a review of critical actions we all need to take immediately to change the trajectory of the pandemic in Dubuque County. Please watch the message at https://youtu.be/RqI5NHR7zVk
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.