Dubuque County: 88 New Cases, Two Deaths, and Record-High Test Positivity Rate and Hospitalizations;
Dubuque County: 88 New Cases, Two Deaths, and Record-High Test Positivity Rate and Hospitalizations
Iowa: 1,485 New Cases, 18 Deaths, and Record-High Hospitalizations
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 88 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 5,916
- Iowa: 1,485 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 131,733
Click here for additional details
- Dubuque County: 2 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 61
- Iowa: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 1,716
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 43* as of Oct. 31. (10 more than Oct. 29.)
Please note: This number is Dubuque County residents only. COVID-19 patients in Dubuque County hospitals who are NOT Dubuque County residents are not reflected in this number.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 718* (42 more than yesterday.)
For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
* = Record high
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 117 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 37,212
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 19.3*%, average to date = 15.7%.
* = Record high
- 4,142 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 984,552
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 14.4%, average to date = 13.4%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 21. Total number of recoveries = 3,740
- Iowa: New recoveries = 328. Total number of recoveries = 93,838
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 4 long-term care facility outbreaks:
Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (45 positive cases, 11 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 28 recoveries)
Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa: 80 outbreaks (same as yesterday)
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Test Iowa Clinics
Two Test Iowa clinics are available in Dubuque County and provide free testing for all Iowa residents:
- Epic Health and Wellness: To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Friday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online at Epichealth.net.
- Grand River Medical Group offers testing at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. After completing the questionnaire at www.testiowa.com, you will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments are scheduled by phone. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments. Drive-up testing is not offered at this location.
Hartig Drug and Hy-Vee are offering free COVID-19 testing in Dubuque County in collaboration with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth. Details and all test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Dubuque County testing locations available through this program include:
- Hartig Drug Co. #3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy #3, 400 S. Locust, Dubuque
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com. Tests are sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results available, on average, within less than three days.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.