115 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County, 1,587 New Cases and 20 Deaths Statewide
Today's Video Update
The Friday, Oct. 23, video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team includes a review of today's COVID-19 statistics as well as information on:
- record-high hospitalizations locally and statewide,
- changing guidance from the CDC on "close contact or exposure,"
- an update on vaccine development update,
- staying safe as the temperatures drop.
Watch the video at: https://youtu.be/rf5nLVDf6Og
115 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County,
1,587 New Cases and 20 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 115 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 4,956
- Iowa: 1,587 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 112,622
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 55
- Iowa: 20 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,617
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 270 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 35,205
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 14.6%, average to date = 14.1%.
- 6,658 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 924,989
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 9.9%, average to date = 12.2%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 31 as of Oct. 21. (2 less than Oct. 20.)
Please note: This number is Dubuque County residents only. COVID-19 patients in Dubuque County hospitals who are NOT Dubuque County residents are not reflected in this number.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 536* (6 more than yesterday.)
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
* = Record high
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 67. Total number of recoveries = 3,233
- Iowa: New recoveries = 925. Total number of recoveries = 86,537
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 3 long-term care facility outbreaks:
Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (22 positive cases, 0 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 21 recoveries)
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (19 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa: 70 outbreaks (2 more than yesterday)
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.