63 New Cases in Dubuque County; 1,356 New Cases and 10 Deaths Statewide; Iowa, Dubuque County, and Dubuque Remain Red Zones
63 New Cases in Dubuque County; 1,356 New Cases and 10 Deaths Statewide
Iowa, Dubuque County, and Dubuque Remain Red Zones
The Oct. 11 report from the White House Coronavirus Task Force maintains the designations of the state of Iowa, Dubuque County, and Dubuque as "red zones."
Iowa is in the red zone for cases, indicating 101 or more new cases per 100,000 population last week, with the 7th highest rate in the country. Iowa is in the orange zone for test positivity, indicating a rate between 8.0% and 10.0%, with the 11th highest rate in the country.
Dubuque County is one of 38 red zone counties and Dubuque is one of 8 red zone localities. The report's recommendations include:
- Community spread continues in both rural and urban areas of Iowa and it is critical that mitigation efforts increase to include mask wearing, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and avoiding crowds in public and social gatherings in private to stop the increasing spread among residents.
- Retail establishments can enforce mitigation efforts in all public spaces and set the expectation for all Iowans to do their part to stop the spread, including getting a flu shot.
- There continue to be severe outbreaks among nursing home residents and staff; common sense mitigation efforts can prevent transmission among the vulnerable populations.
- With the rise in cases among individuals 65 years and older, provide information through senior citizen networks to alert them to take precautionary measures.
For additional recommendations and details, read the Iowa section of the report at https://www.cityofdubuque.org/DocumentCenter/View/46980/Oct-11-White-House-Coronavirus-Task-Force-Report---IOWA
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 63 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 4,358
- Iowa: 1,356 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 103,222
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 50
- Iowa: 10 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,505
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 164 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 33,410
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 15%, average to date = 13%.
- 6,684 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 880,069
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 9.8%, average to date = 11.7%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 90. Total number of recoveries = 2,726
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,050. Total number of recoveries = 80,114
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks:
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 16 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (28 positive cases, 11 recoveries)
- Iowa: 61* outbreaks (same as yesterday)
* Record high
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Test Iowa Clinics
Two Test Iowa clinics are available in Dubuque County and provide free testing for all Iowa residents:
- Epic Health and Wellness: To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
- Grand River Medical Group offers testing at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. After completing the questionnaire at www.testiowa.com, you will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments are scheduled by phone. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments. Drive-up testing is not offered at this location.
Hartig Drug and Hy-Vee are offering free COVID-19 testing in Dubuque County in collaboration with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth. Details and all test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Dubuque County testing locations available through this program include:
- Hartig Drug Co. #3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy #3, 400 S. Locust, Dubuque
- Dyersville Community Testing conducted by Hartig Drug @Beckman Catholic High School, 1325 9th St SE, Dyersville (10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 17, only)
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com. Tests are sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results available, on average, within less than three days
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.