29 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County; 438 New Cases and Seven Deaths Statewide; Iowa Surpasses 100,000 Cases to Date
29 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County
438 New Cases and Seven Deaths Statewide
Iowa Surpasses 100,000 Cases to Date
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 29 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 4,175
- Iowa: 438 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 100,058
Click on the graphs above to view a larger version.
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 48
- Iowa: 7 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,467
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 103 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 32,956
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 14.2%, average to date = 12.7%.
- 2,623 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 864,480
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 9.4%, average to date = 11.6%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 23 as of Oct. 10. (5 less than Oct. 9.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 449. (11 more than yesterday.)
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 9. Total number of recoveries = 2,478
- Iowa: New recoveries = 253. Total number of recoveries = 76,513
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks:
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (17 positive cases, 14 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (20 positive cases, 7 recoveries)
- Iowa: 54 outbreaks (same as yesterday)
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Test Iowa Clinics
Two Test Iowa clinics are available in Dubuque County and provide free testing for all Iowa residents:
- Epic Health and Wellness: To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
- Grand River Medical Group offers testing at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. After completing the questionnaire at www.testiowa.com, you will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments are scheduled by phone. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments. Drive-up testing is not offered at this location.
Hartig Drug and Hy-Vee are offering free COVID-19 testing in Dubuque County in collaboration with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth. Details and all test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Dubuque County testing locations available through this program include:
- Hartig Drug Co. #3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co. #8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy #3, 400 S. Locust, Dubuque
- Dyersville Community Testing conducted by Hartig Drug @Beckman Catholic High School, 1325 9th St SE, Dyersville (10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 17, only)
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com. Tests are sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results available, on average, within less than three days
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.