Dubuque County Surpasses 4,000 Cases to Date with 101 New Cases; 1,263 New Cases and 21 Deaths Statewide
Dubuque County Surpasses 4,000 Cases to Date with 101 New Cases,
1,263 New Cases and 21 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 101 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 4,061
- Iowa: 1,263 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 98,358
Total Case Count Milestones:
4,000 cases = Oct. 10
3,000 cases = Sept. 24
2,500 cases = Sept. 17
2,000 cases = Aug. 30
1,500 cases = Aug. 2
1,000 cases = July 14
500 cases = June 28
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 47
- Iowa: 21 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,454
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 252 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 32,595
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 13.9%, average to date = 12.5%.
- 6,406 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 855,620
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 9.1%, average to date = 11.5%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 31 as of Oct. 8. (4 more than Oct. 7.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 450. (11 fewer than yesterday.)
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 47. Total number of recoveries = 2,457
- Iowa: New recoveries = 879. Total number of recoveries = 75,938
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks:
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (17 positive cases, 14 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (20 positive cases, 7 recoveries)
- Iowa: 54 outbreaks (3 fewer than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
'A Crisis is an Opportunity Build Resilience'
Watch the Thursday, Oct. 8, update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Response Team, which includes information on recent trends in new cases, hospitalizations, and test positivity rate as well as the record high for hospitalizations statewide and in Dubuque County. It also includes a review of Governor Reynolds new guidelines on quarantining after exposure, the growing body of evidence that supports airborne transmission of the COVID-19 virus, the effectiveness of masks, and the importance of other mitigation measures. Watch the video at https://youtu.be/k1Lj_Y-3faE
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Hy-Vee Offers Free Testing at Locust Street Location in Dubuque
Hy-Vee, Inc. has expanded its free COVID-19 testing service to more locations, including it's Locust Street location (400 S. Locust St.) in Dubuque. Each location can accommodate up to 12 patients per hour. The tests are free and are administered via a Hy-Vee pharmacy drive-thru testing process. Individuals do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms to be tested, but they must register online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time. The COVID-19 tests are being coordinated by eTrueNorth.
To register for a test voucher number, visit www.doineedacovid19test.com. Each patient will need to answer the questions and provide requested information in order to receive a test voucher number, testing site location and appointment time. The patient will then arrive at the specified test site pharmacy drive-thru with either a printed voucher number or show the voucher number on their phone before given a test kit. The Hy-Vee pharmacy employee will provide the test kit, provide instructions on how to self-administer the test and supervise the administration of the test. The patient will then drop off their completed kit in a collection bin.
The entire test process takes about five minutes. From there, the Hy-Vee pharmacy collects all tests, which are shipped to a lab via the United Parcel Service (UPS). Results will then be sent to the patient by email in three to five business days.
Test Iowa Clinics Continue
Two Test Iowa clinics are available in Dubuque County and provide free testing for all Iowa residents:
- Epic Health and Wellness: To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
- Grand River Medical Group offers testing at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. After completing the questionnaire, you will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments will be scheduled by phone. Drive-up testing will not be offered at this location. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments.
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.