76 New Cases and One Additional Death in Dubuque County, 1,085 New Cases and 15 Deaths Statewide
75 New Cases in Dubuque County, 1,158 New Cases and 9 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 75 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 3,563
- Iowa: 1,158 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 90,805
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 43
- Iowa: 9 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,367
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (As reported by the Iowa Department of Public Health)
- 300 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 30,860
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 14.7%, average to date = 11.5%.
- 6,879 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 810,877
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 8.7%, average to date = 11.2%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 23 as of Sept. 29. (4 more than Sept. 28.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 393. (14 fewer than yesterday.)
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 42. Total number of recoveries = 2,184
- Iowa: New recoveries = 874. Total number of recoveries = 70,435
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks:
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (16 positive cases, 12 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (13 positive cases, 0 recoveries)
- Iowa: 52 outbreaks (same as yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Video Update: Two More Seasons To Go
The Thursday, Oct. 1, video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team can be viewed at https://youtu.be/KnzsnEiOYFk In addition to a review of county and state statistics, this update includes information on:
- new guidance from the IDPH on quarantining in cases of close contact with a positive COVID-19 case,
- the rising number of COVID-19 hospitalizations and related forecasts, and
- fighting pandemic fatigue after six months of the virus.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.