45 New Cases in Dubuque County, 659 New Cases and 2 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 45 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 3,312
- Iowa: 659 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 86,918
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 41
- Iowa: 2 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,317
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (As reported by the Iowa Department of Public Health)
- 257 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 29,885
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 16.3%, average to date = 11.1%.
- 7,008 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 786,433
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 9.1%, average to date = 11.1%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 20 as of Sept. 26. (2 more than Sept. 24.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 353. (10 more than yesterday.)
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 12. Total number of recoveries = 2,015
- Iowa: New recoveries = 430. Total number of recoveries = 66,220
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks.
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (14 positive cases, 6 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (10 positive cases, 0 recoveries)
- Iowa: 50 outbreaks (same as yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Beginning today (Monday, Sept. 28) Iowans will have another location in Dubuque County to be tested for COVID-19.
Grand River Medical Group will start offering free testing for Iowa residents through the Test Iowa Initiative at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6) on Monday. Hours of operation will be Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. Those who want to be tested through the Test Iowa program must go to Testiowa.com and complete the questionnaire. After they complete the questionnaire, they will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments will be scheduled by phone. Drive-up testing will not be offered at this location. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments.
The other Dubuque Test Iowa Clinic, operated by Epic Health and Wellness, continues to offer free COVID-19 testing for any Iowan. To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.