15 New Cases in Dubuque County, 1,037 New Cases and 17 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 15 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,993
- *Iowa: 1,037 new cases Total confirmed cases to date = 62,075
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 36
- Iowa: 17 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,108
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (As reported by the Iowa Department of Public Health)
- 225 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 23,729
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 6.7%, average to date = 8.4%.
- 6,575 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 624,834
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 10.5%, average to date = 10.1%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 7 as of Aug. 27. No change from Aug. 26
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 315. Up 16 from yesterday.
*NOTE: Due to the Aug. 10 derecho, some Iowans being treated for COVID-19 in a long-term care facility or at home may be transferred to a hospital or other health care facility for temporary treatment due to damage to their place of residence. This may cause hospitalization data or other data on the site to fluctuate in the short term.
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 21. Total number of recoveries = 1,517
- Iowa: Total number of recoveries = 46,394
A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: No long-term care facility outbreaks.
- Iowa: 37 outbreaks (one more than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.