Nine New Cases in Dubuque County, 661 New Cases and Five Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 9 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,899
- Iowa: 661 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 56,157
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 35
- Iowa: 5 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,035
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE*
- 57 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 22,984
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 7.0%*, average to date = 8.3%.
- 4,268 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 595,284
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 7.7%*, average to date = 9.4%
* The positivity rates are calculated by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH). Positive cases are assigned to the date the test was collected. Because the time between collection and reporting can take several days, trends over time are monitored in addition to a single day. Therefore, the 14-day positivity rate is a preferred indicator of community spread and positivity rate.
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 10 as of Aug. 20.
- Iowa*: Currently hospitalized = 260. Down 8 from yesterday.
*NOTE: Due to severe weather conditions on August 10, 2020, some Iowans being treated for COVID-19 in a long-term care facility or at home may be transferred to a hospital or other health care facility for temporary treatment due to damage to their place of residence. This may cause hospitalization data or other data on the site to fluctuate in the short term.
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 10. Total number of recoveries = 1,354
- Iowa: New recoveries = 127. Total number of recoveries = 43,489
* A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: No long-term care facility outbreaks.
- Iowa: 35 outbreaks (same as yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.