11 New Cases in Dubuque County, 311 New Cases and 4 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 11 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,807
- Iowa: 311 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 52,617
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 31
- Iowa: 4 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 979
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE*
- 90 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 21,961
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 7.7% , 14-day average = 10.2%, average to date = 8.2%
- 2,543 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 561,224
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 11.8%, 14-day average = 7.3%, average to date = 9.4%
* The positivity rate is the percentage of COVID-19 tests that come back positive. Please note that, due to the time it takes to process test results, the number of new positive cases reported and the number of tests processed that are reported daily may not correspond with the previous day’s positivity rate.
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 13 as of Aug. 15, down two from Aug. 16.
- Iowa*: Currently hospitalized = 283. Up 12 from yesterday
*NOTE: Due to severe weather conditions on August 10, 2020, some Iowans being treated for COVID-19 in a long-term care facility or at home may be transferred to a hospital or other health care facility for temporary treatment due to damage to their place of residence. This may cause hospitalization data or other data on the site to fluctuate in the short term.
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 7. Total number of recoveries = 1,209
- Iowa: New recoveries = 197. Total number of recoveries = 40,690
* A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 1 outbreak (Luther Manor Grand Meadows, Asbury) with 3 positive cases and one recovery (same as yesterday)
- Iowa: 31 outbreaks (two more than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.