29 New Cases in Dubuque County, 591 New Cases and 6 Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 29 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,636
- Iowa: 591 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 47,728
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 31
- Iowa: 6 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 912
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE*
- 179 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 20,406
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 8.3% , 14-day average = 11%, average to date = 8%
- 5,480 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 510,522
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 7.4%, 14-day average = 7.3%, average to date = 9.3%
* The positivity rate is the percentage of COVID-19 tests that come back positive. Please note that, due to the time it takes to process test results, the number of new positive cases reported and the number of tests processed that are reported daily may not correspond with the previous day’s positivity rate.
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 19 as of Aug. 5. No change from Aug. 3.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 223. Change from yesterday = -14
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 82. Total number of recoveries = 961
- Iowa: New recoveries = 815. Total number of recoveries = 35,475
* A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 1 outbreak (Luther Manor Grand Meadows, Asbury) with 3 positive cases and one recovery (same as yesterday)
- Iowa: 26 outbreaks (1 more than as yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Incident Management Team Video Update
Watch the Thursday, Aug. 6, video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team at https://youtu.be/KhuZNSMp1to
The update includes:
- review of yesterday’s statistics,
- a summary of the team’s work with Dubuque County schools and educational institutions to prepare for the school year,
- state enforcement of public health requirements at food establishments and establishments with liquor licenses, and
- a reminder on local testing options.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.