Peosta Special Election
Election Date - February 14, 2023
Important Dates and Deadlines
- December 6: First day to request mailed absentee ballots. Please note that absentee ballots for the Peosta Special Election cannot be mailed until ballots are ready. It is anticipated sometime after January 30th.
- November 2022 – January 20, 2023: City of Peosta candidate filing period. File with Dubuque County Auditor, 4th floor of the Courthouse. Papers must be filed in the Dubuque Auditor’s office by 5:00 p.m. on the 20th.
- Monday, January 23: City of Peosta candidate objection deadline 12:00 pm (noon). Withdrawal deadline, 5:00 pm. Dubuque Auditor’s office open until 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 25: First day absentee ballots can be available for regular City of Peosta Special Election. First day to mail out absentee ballots. Ballots may not be available yet, please check with the Auditor’s office.
- Monday, January 30: Voter pre-registration deadline, 5:00 p.m. Voters may still register after this date using election day registration procedure (ID and proof of address required). Correctly completed Voter Registration forms post marked by 1/30/2023 are considered timely even after received after this date.
- Monday, January 30: Deadline to request mailed absentee ballot. Request forms must be in our office by 5:00 p.m. (post marks don’t count)
- Friday, February 10: Last day to submit written challenges to absentee voters for City of Peosta Special Election. Auditor’s office will be open to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 13: Last day to vote in-person at the Auditor’s Office,
- Tuesday, February 14: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Peosta Community Center, 7896 Burds Rd, Peosta, IA. All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00 pm to be considered on time to be counted.
- Tuesday, February 21: Canvass by Board of Supervisors.
- Friday, February 24: Recount request deadline for City of Peosta Special Election. Requests must be filed in writing by 5:00 p.m. with the Auditor.