2020 Primary Election
- Election Date: June 2, 2020
- Election Date: November 3, 2020
- Filing Period - County Office: March 2 through March 20, 2020 (5:00 PM)
Candidates who were nominated in the Primary Election are automatically placed on the General Election ballot and do not need to file again.
- March 2, 2020—Candidate Filing Begins. First day for candidates for county offices to file nomination petitions in the Auditor’s Office.
- March 20, 2020—Last day for candidates to file for the offices of Township Trustee, Hospital Trustee, Soil & Water Conservation, and all Non-Party Political Organizations or Not Affiliated with Any Organizations. (These Positions will appear on the November 3rd ballot).
- March 25, 2020—Last day for candidates to file for all partisan offices, whose names will go on the Primary Ballot in June.
- March 27, 2020—Withdrawal Deadline. Last day for candidates who filed for the June Primary to withdrawal by filing a written request with the Auditor.
- March 30, 2020—County Objection Deadline. Last day to file written objections to nomination petitions filed with the County Auditor for the June Primary.
- April 23, 2020--First Day to mail absentee ballots.
- May 4, 2020—In-Person voting starts at the Election’s Annex, 75 Locust St.
- May 18, 2020—Worry-Free Postmark Date. Mailed voter registration forms which are postmarked on or before today are considered on time to be pre-registered for the primary election even if they are received after the pre-registration deadline.
- May 22, 2020—Voter Pre-Registration Deadline. The deadline to pre-register to vote for the Primary Election is 5:00 p.m.
- May 22, 2020—Absentee Ballot by Mail Request Deadline. Deadline is 5:00 p.m.
- May 30, 2020—Election’s Annex is open on Saturday.
- June 1, 2020—Absentee Ballot In-Person Deadline. Last day to request and vote an absentee ballot in person at the Election’s Annex. Last day to fix incomplete affidavits. Open to 5:00 p.m.
- June 2, 2020—PRIMARY ELECTION DAY. Polls open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- June 8, 2020—Absentee Ballot Deadline—Any absentee ballots that were postmarked the day before the election day and received by noon today are considered on time to be counted.
- June 8, 2020—Canvass of Votes
- June 11, 2020—Recount Request Deadline. Auditor’s office open until 5:00 p.m.