The following documents are recorded and available to view in-office. Copies may be obtained.
- Affidavits and Powers of Attorney
- Contracts and Mortgages
- Deeds and Easements
- Financing Statements – Realty (*see note)
- Plats, Surveys and Corner Certificates
- Releases and assignments
*Note: Only UCC Financing Statements containing realty-related collateral like fixtures, extracted collateral or timber to be cut – should be filed in the land recording offices. These realty-related collateral filings should be filed where the land is located.
For each document/instrument/transaction recorded: $7 for the first page and $5 for each additional page.
In addition to realty related documents, these miscellaneous documents are also recorded:
- Department of Justice
- Federal Tax Liens
- Internal Revenue Service
- Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance
- Iowa Workforce Development
- State Tax Liens