The Dubuque County Attorney’s office consists of nine assistant county attorneys and eleven support staff. The Dubuque County Attorney’s Office aims to serve the community and victims of crime by prosecuting criminal violations according to the Code of Iowa, as well as supporting local government by providing them with legal counsel.
What we do:
- Practice professional discretion when reviewing criminal charges
- Prosecute all criminal violations in accordance with the Code of Iowa as well as county ordinances
- Support the Board of Supervisors with legal advice, as well as county and township offices as it relates to county matters
- Represent the state, the county and its officers in officially related matters
- Present all child in need of assistance cases, juvenile delinquency cases, and mental health commitment proceedings
What we don’t do:
- Provide individuals with legal advice or represent individuals or private groups
- Defend private individuals against law suits or file lawsuits for private individuals
- Prepare legal documents such as wills, deeds or guardianship paperwork for individuals
Victim Witness Services
IowaVINE is a statewide automated victim information and notification system that provides victims of crime with information and notification on the status of an incarcerated offender in all Iowa prison and jail facilities.
Register for IowaVINE online or by calling 1-8887-IAVINE
Crime Victim Compensation
Provides financial reimbursement to victims who have suffered personal injury as a result of a criminal act in the state of Iowa. Victims may be compensated for their out-of-pocket expenses that directly resulted from the injury of the crime. Information is also available on the Attorney General’s website listed below.
Phone: 515-281-5044 or Toll Free: (800) 373-5044
Iowa Attorney General website
Marissa RuizVictim Witness CoordinatorPhone: 563-589-7809
Carissa SchneiderVictim Witness Coordinator