ITEMS NEEDED FOR PASSPORT APPLICATION
- Certified copy of your birth certificate
Available from the county/state in which you were born
Must be a certified copy (i.e. must have a raised seal) www.vitalcheck.com
- One 2″ x 2″ passport photo
Photo must be in color – front view of applicant
Vending machine photos will not be accepted
- Current photo ID
Driver’s license or other government-issued ID
Dubuque Driver’s License Bureau: 583-9844
- Payment in two checks
– $25.00 to “Dubuque County Treasurer”
– $110.00 ($80.00 for applicants under 16) to “US Department of State”
- Information regarding parents:
– Mother’s and father’s birth names
– Places of birth
– Dates of birth
- Emergency contact information:
Individual to be contacted in case of emergency
– Phone number
For applicants age 15 and under:
Both parents must accompany the child during application and have a Photo ID
For applicants aged 16 or 17:
Recommended that a parent accompany and have a Photo ID in order to sign permission on the application
For expedited passports:
Links to Passport & Travel Information
- For State Department passport and travel information, click here.
- Click here for a U.S. Passport Application.
- For U.S. Dept. of State official forms, click here.
- Center for Disease Control Traveler’s Health, click here.
- To check status of a passport application, click here.
- Travel Inoculation and Medications
- Click here for Visa Information